Wednesday 18 September 2019

SETTING THE SCENE Volume 2, Update.


Setting The Scene Volume II - Creating a Wargames Layout for the Mediterranean is presently being edited and then it will be off to the printers. For full details click on the following link:

 www.stevenlampon.co.uk/settingthescenevol2

  or email Steve at stevelampon@yahoo.co.uk

(The clickable link is now sorted.)



On the gaming front, I am starting a new campaign which comes from the Too Fat Lardies excellent 'Lard Magazine 2018, and the pint size campaign is called THERE ARE MANY RIVERS TO CROSS.

The time and theatre of this generic campaign I have changed to The Mediterranean 1943, as the similarities with the defensive lines of the Allies using rivers and canals in 1940, would also work for the Italian campaign.

 The German strategy was to reinforce a series of natural defensive lines of mountains and rivers, so basing the campaign around the latter, I hope to have a ready-made campaign. The only difference being the Allies on the attack instead of the Germans Blitzkrieg, and a change of support lists including a swap of Stukas for Allied Fighter Bombers.

I have started adding the additional supports that I may need for the campaign, some of these you can see in the pictures below. The engineer teams are converted from the Perry plastic box sets and the medic is a plastic Warlord figure converted. The Pz IV is also from Warlord Games with a magnetized tank commander and optional main gun. The Halftracks and crew are from Rubicon and most of their kits allow various build options.

On map four of the campaign, the scenario is for the defender to use his engineers to try and blow up a couple of culverts. I have attempted to make a couple of these along with some marshy ground and the overladen Citreon has been commandeered by the engineers for transport.






























            

42 comments:

  1. Looks awesome, a dream for wargamers...Love this car btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, you can add a link using HTML.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another superb work coming our way soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to the book being released and a copy in my grubby mitts. Nice pics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin, this one is 50 pages bigger than the first volume, so plenty for your grubby mitts.

      Delete
  5. Fantastic post Pat! Is that 1 photo showing terrain of burning grass?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry and no, not burning grass. Where I live, depending on the time of year, there are fields with long grass and a scattering of what looks like brown stalks. I will have to take a picture and put it on the blog.

      Delete
  6. Fabulous news on the book Pat, really looking forward to getting my hands on a copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, hopefully the book will arrive in time for you for those painted uniform recipes that you were after.

      Delete
  7. Some really cool pics! Looking forward to seeing the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, just make sure Postie does his job and doesn't keep it for himself.

      Delete
  8. Super set of inspirational images. Great news on the book release, I have several buildings in stock waiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, I look forward to seeing your SCW collection expand.

      Delete
  9. Lovely work on the terrain and vehicles,really feel like in southern Italy
    cheers John

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks John, Your painting formula with the vehicles.
    Cheers,
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great looking pics of troops and terrain!
    Good luck with the book and the upcoming campaign 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew, I will be playing the campaign against two friends, separately, so I will have the opportunity to play both as German and British.

      Delete
  12. Great news and great job! Y're blog is really awesome. Pics are beautiful, with many details. Good luck with the big campaign :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noodle, hopefully I will get the chance to take a few photos during the campaign and post on the blog.

      Delete
  13. So awesome Pat! I can't wait to get it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay, I am enjoying the Star Wars input on your blog.

      Delete
  14. Superb as always Pat and really looking forward to the release of your new book!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christopher. If I remember rightly, it was you a few years ago who suggested that I should do a book.

      Delete
    2. I honestly cannot say Pat, but I wouldn't doubt it either as I've admired your terrain projects from the very first pics I saw posted. If it was me I'm very pleased indeed you decided to take the challenge!

      Christopher

      Delete
    3. Yep! your to blame, not once but twice.

      Delete
    4. In this case happy to be the guilty party.:-)

      Christopher

      Delete
  15. Excellent..I really like the flamethrower effect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul, I need to keep it away from the plastic figures.

      Delete
  16. Fantastic looking figures and terrain as always, can't wait to get the book!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cant wait to hold your latest masterpiece in my grubby mits. Your latest additions look fabulous as ever. That Citroen really got me inspired. Need at least a few of them for my collecion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick, the Citroen I picked up from a UK company, Urban Construct. It sells for £5.50 and is a solid resin piece with some additional Rubicon stowage added.

      Delete
  18. Being a former librarian all this talk of grubby hands on books is making me uneasy, however, fantadtic pictures of fantastic figures, vehicles and terrain. Superb as always Pat.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Ross, white cotton gloves will be the order of the day for thumbing through the pages.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice pictures! I especially like the half-track convoy.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.