Saturday 12 September 2020

Late Addition to The Road To Dombas volume 3


 Steve is well on the way to finishing the graphic design on the Setting The Scene volume 3 Road to Dombas book. Unfortunately, I have thrown a spanner in the works and delayed this slightly by giving him more work to do. I have added more material to the book in the form of a scratch built model of a typical Norwegian timber house with red painted wood and turf roof which is common in this part of the world.

I have also gone through the stages on painting and weathering the building using the Hairspray Technique, to pack in as much content into the book as possible and give the reader another tool to go in their model making tool box. 

 For more information on volume 1 or 2 of Setting the Scene or if you would like to register interest in this, volume 3, please leave a comment on Steve's webpage.

http://www.stevenlampon.co.uk/dombas/




http://www.stevenlampon.co.uk/dombas







   

35 comments:

  1. I am really looking to this next volume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always fantastic looking terrain! Gorgeous!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Atmospheric and superb as always Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb terrain Pat.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some lovely buildings there and the splash of subtle colour works a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good looking pictures! Good luck with this volume, I really enjoy my copy of the Mediterranean terrain. Now I’m just buying my time for a book dedicated to North America. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew, glad you like the Mediterranean book. Don't hold your breath with a North American book but then, who knows whats around the corner.

      Delete
  7. Another superb effort! Hairspray technique? Now I am curious...guess I won't get the answer until I buy the book 8D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry, I believe the hairspray technique is usually used for weathering vehicles but I thought I would give it a go on buildings.

      Delete
  8. Lovely look Pat. I like the desaturated look of the terrain - it fits very well with the winter theme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent as always..one tinsy thing. No snow on the roofs. because it would be difficult to remove ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a mo. I know why no snow on the roofs. They have the heating on :-) Which says to an approching enemy "someone´s at home!!"

      Delete
    2. Thanks Paul. Using the clear acetate for the temporary snow effects would work but it's just me being lazy.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Paul,Using clear acetate with the temporary snow effects would work but it is just me being lazy.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful stuff as always Pat! Do get any time to play games anymore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay. Same for everyone, covid 19 has had its effect but I am gaming in a very small bubble and have just finished playing the Road to Dombas campaign.

      Delete
  11. Lovely Pat, must resist doing winter terrain, but you are making it harder

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  12. This will be another stonker Pat! You're really making it hard *not* to give in to temptation and do some Norwegians.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick, thinking about it, I should have got you to paint the Norwegians which would have been the icing on the cake for the book.

      Delete
  13. What a magnificent looking 'scene'!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great setting! Really beautiful and realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a very nice model of a Norwegian building - will certainly add to the attraction of your book I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really nice pics and the layouts are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.