Saturday 1 January 2022

RIVERS - NAP WIP 7


 First of all, I would like to wish you all a happy and healthy new year, and my apologies for not posting anything on this blog since last November. 

The pictures in this post are of my river sections and trees which all have magnets attached to help keep everything together.

The trees will also be used with my woodland bases which will also have magnets so that I can mix and match with these and the rivers and hills. If I want to leave the trees off, then I have textured coins/blanks which I can attach to the magnets instead of trees. 

You will notice the trees arn't quite finished as I need to flock around their bases but I am waiting until I have finished the woodland bases so that the tree base will match and blend in with the woodland groundwork. 

The figures in the pictures are 28mm to give you an idea of scale.






         






















For the eagle eyed amongst you, there are some 'Warbases Ducks' amongst the reads which I have painted up as marshland birds (rail).  



As you can see in the picture below, I am also working on some canal sections which I will be using with my WW2 collections, and which I have neglected lately and hopefully will be putting right this year.
   

As usual, the link for buying volume 3 or putting your name on the waiting list for a reprint of volume 1 or 2 of Setting the Scene, then please contact Steve at stevelampon@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers,

Pat.


39 comments:

  1. Very picturesque and very useful too! Clever use of magnets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A timely and inspiring reminder that I must sort some river sections out. I shall certainly referring back to this post when I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, worth having a few river sections so that you can fight over those bridges.

      Delete
  3. One of the best river systems I've seen Pat, lovely detail work, out of curiosity how large is you gaming table?
    cheers John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, that is very kind of you to say. The table is 6ft by 10ft.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous stuff as ever Pat. Will their construction be included in a future terrain book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai. I keep a WIP photo log of everything I make and paint and if I do a volume 4, then the river and canal sections will be included.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful work Pat. A great post to great the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carlo, glad to hear you are still out there as you don't seem to have a blog anymore?

      Delete
  6. Superb looking river and marshy bits! HNY too mate 😉

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Pat.
    Awesome looking river sections. I think the magnets are certainly the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roger, HNY to you too. Having terrain magnetised also helps with storage.

      Delete
  8. Happy New Year Pat and what a fabulous way to start 2022, these are just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one fantastic river build Pat!! Happy New Year!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely gorgeous - well done Sir. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now this might easily be one of the best looking river I‘ve seen to date! The colour is perfect, the waves look natural and your attention to detail is quite stunning as ever. I’m convinced though that someone smashed his boat into the river bank frustrated as he couldn’t get it through under the bridge 😉
    A Happy New Year to you and yours Pat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Nick, I think you are right about the boat being too big for fitting under the bridge.
      Happy New Year to you too.

      Delete
  12. Happy New Year Pat, these look excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This river looks great. How did you achieve the rippling on the surface of the water?

    ReplyDelete
  14. That’s a very impressive River system. Looks fantastic! When vol 4 cones out and that is included you can sell me a copy for sure. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew, you are my first customer for volume 4 when it happens.

      Delete
  15. Oh my.
    That river is so gorgeous I'd like it's phone number and ask it out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are beautiful! If I had a wargame table like yours I could never go to work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much BtM.
      One of the joys of now being retired is that I don't have too, and I am sure your day will come.

      Delete
  17. Happy New Year Pat! What a start! These rivers are fanatastic, but then I expect nothing less than stellar from all your posts. Is it possible to see any work in progress shots of the actual river section (ie...blocking the edges whilst pouring the water)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry, HNY to you too.
      I have taken lots of photos of the WIP with a step-by-step guide, including the river sections from start to finish, but you are going to have to wait for volume 4 for this, sorry.

      Delete
  18. Wonderful stuff Pat! So well thought out and executed.
    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am going to close the comments on this post for now as some spam is starting to creep back in.
    Cheers,
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.