Monday 16 May 2022

WIP 10 for my ongoing project.


 I have made some bases for the buildings that I did in the last post, plus an allotment, more hills, stream, railway embankment, wheatfields, 15ft fencing, gates, slit trenches, and some outhouses.






 










A bit of luxury, outdoor loos, built like a brick sh*thouse. These make good practice for trying out textures and painting before working on your main model. 

Railway embankment.


Nine wheatfields.



A couple of low hills.



15ft of fencing, plus gates, and slit trenches.





Having previously made river and canal sections, I decided to make some stream pieces. I have included a couple of sections that widen to join up with my river or marsh.





A couple of pictures with 28mm figures and vehicles on the table.











 
28mm figure for scale next to stream.



  

I may give the terrain making a break and actually paint up some miniatures for the next post as it has been a year since I picked up a figure brush.

 As usual, the link for buying volume 3 or putting your name on the waiting list for a reprint of volume 1 or 2 of Setting the Scene, then please contact Steve at stevelampon@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers,
Pat.



32 comments:

  1. Great work Pat some beautiful terrain. I wish I had more storage space then I might make some more stuff 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt. Storage is always the problem with terrain, luckily I sell it on occasionally to make room for the next project.

      Delete
    2. Matt, I wish I had you and Pat's talent. Then, I might make more stuff!

      Delete
  2. You are a master craftsman, Pat. Fab work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is superb work there Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the images are fantastic, you have a great nack for your terrain builds. Your weathering on the buildings is stellar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry, couple of washes and a dab of green paint for damp/moss.

      Delete
  5. Lots of great terrain being showcased here. Nice job! 😀Are the bases specific to certain buildings or can you mix and match as you fancy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew. These bases are specific to the buildings due to their shape but I will be making some generic bases to slot up against the rear of buildings.

      Delete
  6. Cracking work there Pat. One reason I moved away from 28mm was the storage issue for terrain, talk less of figures. Even in 10mm it is an issue, mainly due to the mass of unpainted figures dotted around the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve, and for some reason as wargamers we still keep adding to the pile.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful and very characterful modelling and painting Pat. A real joy to look at!
    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Outstanding work Pat - just brilliant! My favorite is that garden but the whole table is simply gorgeous.
    Frank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frank. It pays to go green and have your own allotment.

      Delete
  9. Wonderful work Pat, very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  10. More splendid looking terrain, it looks ace as always!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whilst you never disappoint with your amazing terrain displays here Pat, it's your water effects in this post that stand out the most, so realistic and the modular option really is clever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Dai, I used a different method for the stream than what I used on my river and canal but I am happy with the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tons of progress! Great stuff as always Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome stuff Pat, that church commands presence on the table; superb!

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm pretty sure I commented, but it seems to not have registered. Fantastic terrain building once again Pat! You are one of my top sources for ideas in terrain making.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  16. Spam is starting to creep in again, so I am going to close the comments section on this post and will re-open when I do a new post. Thanks for viewing, Pat.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.