Tuesday 18 September 2018

The Mediterranean - Update 4 - Terrain Mat, Italians, 3rd Print Run.

Update number 4 for Setting The Scene volume 2, The Mediterranean, we have a new terrain mat, WW2 Italian Infantry, a couple of vehicles, a new camera, plus news on Setting The Scene volume 1.

I recently finished a 5ft x 10ft terrain mat which I hope looks suitably Mediterranean and it is graced with some wonderfully painted figures and vehicles by the very talented Nick from  moitereisbuntewelt.blogspot.com. (scroll down for more pictures).

I will have a 'Guest Painter's Section' in the new book and Nick will be doing a tutorial on how he painted the Italian Infantry and hopefully the vehicles as well.

I have finally upgraded my old camera, so hopefully, you will see an improvement in the quality and depth of the pictures. I am no expert on photography but there will be a short piece in volume 2 on the new camera I have chosen and why.

The books for the 3rd print run Setting The Scene, Winter Wargaming arrived today and Steve has been beavering away and will be posting these out tomorrow and Thursday to all those who have ordered a copy. We have also ordered a fair few extra copies, so if you haven't ordered and you want a copy then you can either contact me by clicking on Setting The Scene in the second box down from the top right column of this page or through Steve at   http://www.stevenlampon.co.uk/portfolio/  

Karwansaray Publishers at Wargames Soldier and Strategy are also stocking the book and have done a review in this months magazine. (see below)


The vehicles are an Italian M13/40 and a German Marder II both from Perry Miniatures along with the infantry. The table looks a bit sparse but this is intentional as I want you to focus on the mat, that is if you can draw your eyes away from Nick's Italians. 














   


   Napoleonics for the Peninsula coming up next.

Cheers,

Pat.

29 comments:

  1. All lovely, but that Marder really stands out for me - enjoyed, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm. Truth be told I was so pleased with how it had turned out I had a hard time letting it go.

      Delete
  2. Excellent work and then I remembered to look at the mat - also excellent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another feast for our eyes Pat, looks superb...the windmill is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the review Pat, nice detail on the gaming table and Moitere's painted Italians look great on your table.
    cheers John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. I somehow have the urgent feeling to paint me up some Italians for my own collection... strange that.

      Delete
  5. Lovely job Pat. And great to see Nicks Italians looking the part too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on all the great press you've been getting. Always love your posts as they show off the absolute best terrain and figs in the hobby. Awe inspiring every time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, lovely! If I may ask, what figures were used for the Italian infantry?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fantastic as always and your mat worked out perfectly!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  9. More great looking stuff Pat! Love the terrain board! Your friends work on the vehicles was impressive too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terry. I had a blast with the Marder in particular.

      Delete
  10. Fantastic all round! Superb terrain and painting on the figures.

    CdlT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a gammer but I can say...I'm stunned with
    the structures you got there! Real A+ diorama class!
    The figures are great also!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous lay out. Well done. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning, museum-quality, terrain and models once again, Pat. Very, very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely mat great figures and super photography!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great looking battle mat my friend! It really helps to give that unique mediterranean flair. Obviously works in rainy Britain as well ;-)
    I've had the temerity to 'lend' me one of your photos for my latest blog post. Full credits of course.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the comments chaps and a big thanks to Nick from Moiterei blog for those lovely painted figures and vehicles.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Goodness Pat, this all looks just bloody fab. From the buildings to those lovely minis and that mat looks everso convincing.
    Sadly have no plans at all to start a Med project, but darn you for tempting me regardless with these last few posts.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.