Tuesday 17 July 2018

SETTING THE SCENE 2, The Mediterranean - Update No 3.


I have now finished the Infantry supports and two full platoons for both British and German. This does not include vehicle/armoured support which will be in a later post.

As well as vehicles, I also need to paint the Fallschrimjager platoon whilst the Italians are being painted for me by a friend who paints figures much better than I do. He will have a guest slot in the book with a step by step guide on how he paints Italians to coincide with my painting guides for the British and German.

First up British group shot.
   
German group shot.



JUMP OFF POINTS



ENGINEERS

SPOT THE SNIPER



MEDIC

ATG




FOO

VICKERS



GERMAN SNIPER

FOO

MMG TEAM

HQ

ATG



THE GRUNTS






I plan on starting work on the terrain mat next, along with some Napoleonic infantry as they are also part of this Mediterranean project and up until now it has been all WW2 apart from some 95th Rifles.  

29 comments:

  1. You really have the talent of bringing to life your splendid figures Pat : scenery, atmosphere, buildings, shots and angles of photos are perfect ...once again. For our pleasure ...once again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent figures and beautiful lively pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An exceptionally fine collection! The next book looks to be a must-buy.

    CdlT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb looking figures Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic settings and figures, the little bits of detailing really make it, lovely work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. More Eye Popping Candy Pat! Extremely impressed & awe-struck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Pat! Inspiring as always and makes following whatever you do a treat!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely work Pat, thanks for sharing pics
    cheers John

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully done as always --- can't wait for this new book! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks again ladies and gents, glad you like.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely brilliant! Your scenic shots are the bees knees. I almost can’t wait for your book to become available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick. I have just upgraded my camera so when I finally work out how to use it properly, hopefully there will be a big improvement in the quality of my pictures.

      Delete
  12. Fantastic, so much to inspire one here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need this book, can not wait until it is released, quick question, how do you store all your beautiful terrain Pat? I have been doing a lot of Terrain lately thanks to your first book and am finding it challenging to store correctly. Currently using storage tubs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you on finding it challenging to store correctly and end up using very large storage tubs. I will pack smaller bits of terrain wrapped in bubble wrap in with the bigger items otherwise you end up with a lot of wasted space in the tub. Not ideal but I don't have to transport it anywhere and at least the tubs are stackable.
      Having said that, I plan on hopefully doing the show circuit next year with the new book and terrain so I may have to re evaluate the storage for transport.

      Delete
    2. I do almost exactly what you do, good to know.

      Delete
  14. Stunning work Pat. I very much look forward to the new release.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pictures are so realistic !
    That's great !
    Bravo !
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow....! Fantastic miniatures and especially the terrain - it is stupendous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. No me canso de ver tus trabajos. Son realmente excelentes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cracking progress. Good call getting Nick on board too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.