Tuesday 29 June 2021

START OF THE CAVALRY - NAP WIP 4


 Latest update with the Napoleonic project is a few of units of cavalry. Two units of mounted French Dragoons and the dismounted versions to go with them. The dismounted figures I had painted previously for my Mediterranean book in the Peninsula and just repainted the facings from yellow to red on one of the units.

Brunswick Uhlans which were converted from the Victrix plastic Dutch Lancers and the 6th Dutch Hussars from the Perry Miniatures Hussars and Chasseurs plastic box sets. 















I have laid the table ready for a large game of Napoleonic Sharp Practice with a few friends that will be coming around for my first game in the cabin since before the lockdown. I have also added a few photos with the four battalions of Old Guard I painted a little while back.
















Steve Lampon informs me that we only have copies of volume 3 left of Setting the Scene books, if you want copies of volume 1 or 2 then contact Steve stevelampon@yahoo.co.uk and he will put your name on the waiting list.




    

26 comments:

  1. Awesome figures and images, Pat. BTW, what make are those marching grenadiers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean. The grenadiers are from the Perry plastic box set with a couple of metal command packs thrown in.

      Delete
    2. Ah...yes, the new(er) set from the Perrys - very nice!

      Delete
    3. Sorry Dean, yes the most recent set of French infantry, which come with heads suitable for the grenadiers.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous cavalry Pat. Hope you’ll put up a post detailing how your first post-covid FTF game goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thrilled with the terrain! The picture of the game is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Just beautifully done Pat! I love Brunswickers - those Uhlans are outstanding ... as are all the troops. Everything looks to be coming together nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work Pat, figures, terrain and all the little scatter terrain details.
    cheers John

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inspirational stuff as always Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing looking figures and terrain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking set up and units 👍

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on the table. Your terrain and figures would be a treat to play with. Good luck with the game post lockdown. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking cavalry and of course your terrain is awesome!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look superb Pat, this project is really coming together. I admire your resistance to distractions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Paul, I think it is because I have such a big plastic mountain of unpainted Napoleonic figures that I have to resist distractions. The new Perry plastic FPW will test my resolve when they come out, plus I am itching to do some more WW2.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.